Here are two recipes selected from the Fire House Chef website and the IAFF Menu Planner that will get your mouth watering.
- Take One Bunch of Cut Up Fresh Broccoli
- One Bunch of Cut up Fresh Cauliflower
- One Cup Fresh sliced Mushrooms
- Three Sliced Carrots
- One Onion Quartered
- One Green and One Red Sliced up Pepper and Three Cloves of Garlic chopped.
- Place all in large pot of water. Bring all ingredients to a boil and let boil for ten minutes or until all veretables are tender. At the same time boil a second pot of water with a tsp of salt and olive oil.
- Once Boiling place 2 pounds of Fettucine noodles and cook them as directed on package.
- In a large Pasta Bowl chop up aboput 1/4 cup Fresh parsley
- One stick of butter and one cup of grated Parmesean Cheese.
- Drain Pasta when finished cooking and add it to the pasta bowl. Mix around so all ingredients coat the pasta, then drain all of the vegetables adding them to the patsa mixture.
- Again mix all ingredients together. This will give you the finished product.
Optional: Saute some shrimp in garlic and butter and add it to the finished product or Grill up some Bonless Chicken on the Grill then slice it thin and add it to the Pasta. This takes about 45 Minutes to prepare.
Recipe by Firefighter: J. Alonzo Saratoga Springs Fire Department, New York
FROM IAFF Menu Planner
Easy Pan Brownies
- 1 c. Applesauce
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 c. Sugar
- 2/3 c. Cocoa
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 c. Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend oil, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add eggs and beat well with a spoon.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to the egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 9" square pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the pan edges. Cool.