Quality, affordable education from the IAFF brought directly to members in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
The event is May 21-22, 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Minneapolis Hilton.
Engaging, interactive workshops on key union topics, delivered by PEP instructors with decades of union leadership experience. Registration is $135 and tracks are capped at 50 participants each, so early registration is strongly encouraged.
A District Caucus/Reception will also be held in conjunction with this training on May 21 from 5:00 p.m to 7:30 p.m.
Legal Issues Track:
• Discipline: Your Rights and Responsibilities as Union Officers
• Introduction to Grievances
• Duty of Fair Representation
• Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act
Politics & Public Relations Track:
• Introduction to Political Action
• Social Media
• Building Coalitions
• Lobbying 101: Understanding the Local Legislative Process
Health and Safety Track:
• Introduction to Behavioral Health
• Cancer Awareness
• Staffing for Safety
• Disaster Relief